Monday, January 07, 2013

This Monday is for John


This was a busy Monday - but generally a good one - especially for John.

We had a good swim class. The instructor had a different piece of equipment (stretch tubing with handles), so we worked some different muscles. And it was especially good for working my shoulder. It’s a little bit achy this evening, so that was a good workout.

After two Mondays off during the holidays, we finally got back to bridge. John and I both had some good cards - some lousy ones, too, but mostly good. John had one fabulous round (almost 4000 points in about 6 hands), and it was against the most obnoxious player in the group. Of course that made it extra sweet. In the last round, playing against me, he set my contract with a perfect defense. About half-way through the hand, he knew he was doing it, and I knew it too. He really enjoyed that, and I could only congratulate him on playing it so well.

The only sour note of the day was that the Lady Mocs lost to Elon in an overtime game.

John's loving the BCS game. He doesn’t really like Alabama, but he’ll always cheer for an SEC team. And he really dislikes Notre Dame.

At least we get to sleep later in the morning.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

g'morning...I really dislike Notre Dame too.

Captain Poolie said...

Well, since I have a lovely sweatshirt from Notre Dame (after visiting friends in South Bend) and I know nothing about football, I was rooting for them. I also rooted for the Vikings. LOL!