Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, Kate!

Today’s Kate’s birthday.
January twenty-nine.
I won’t say what year.
=============================

Today’s possible record high temperature of near 70 never materialized. Records were broken all around us, but the fog never lifted from Chattanooga in the Tennessee River valley. So the temps never got much above 60. We’re still due to get that powerful line of weather coming in from the west, but not until about rush hour in the morning. Oh, goody!

==============================

My massage was postponed because of weather last week, but she made up for it today. Wonderful!

==============================

I never listen to sales calls, but I love surveys. I figure most of the time, I’m so out of step with the world that I totally screw up the expected numbers. We got a call a couple of weeks ago asking if we’d keep one of the Nielsen Rating diaries. Well, of course! Actually, this is the second time we’ve done it - once a couple of years ago.

The diaries and instructions arrived Saturday, with the ratings week to begin on Thursday. They really want to know anything that happens with every TV in the house during the week - even if it’s turned off the whole time. It’ll be interesting. And remember folks, we’ll be having a say in deciding what you’ll be watching. Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I've been doing surveys so long, I used to receive them in the mail. They're not as much fun any more.