Tuesday, April 24, 2012

World Book Night (the next day)

I got the books delivered this morning. I had planned to take them last night (as recommended), but found out the Community Kitchen (our local homeless shelter) closes at 5, and I couldn't get there before then. So I went there about midmorning, and took the box up to the counter. When I opened it, a bunch of guys came to see what I had. The book was Friday Night Lights. I was asked "was that the one the movie was made from?" Yes, I said, and the TV show was based on it. Help yourself, I told them - they're to be given away to anyone who wants one. Another question: "Did I have anything to do with the movie?" "Well, yes, of course - don't you remember me from starring in it?" Lots of laughs at that. I didn't stay long, but several copies were taken right away, and I'm sure the rest will go quickly.

It was just a few minutes of my time, but it's always a pleasure to provide folks with something to read.
================================
Click here to watch a brief delightfully funny video from Belgium. Thanks to Anne for sharing this.
================================
Bald River Falls

No comments: