Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another exciting day in Tennessee

I had my quarterly eye check-up this afternoon. Our optometrist is very thorough. He found a change in the acuity in my right eye, but couldn't find any reason for it. I'm supposed to be doing some home reading checks until I see him again in three months and, if I see any worsening, to come back immediately. As we say, if it isn't one thing, it's another. At least he ruled out most of the usual problems. It always takes a while for dilated eyes to return to normal.

I got a "lamb breast" on sale at WalMart yesterday. I'd never cooked anything like that before. We like lamb, I just never seem to see it or think about it. Anyhow, I figured out something from looking at recipes on the internet. It was really good. I roasted some potatoes quarters and mushrooms, and made some gravy. There's enough left to make some hash.

So much for another exciting day in Tennessee. (We won’t discuss our wussy governor not vetoing a law permitting the teaching of “creationism” in science classes in TN, but not signing the bill - thus allowing it to become law without his signature. Which, of course, makes both sides mad. Sometimes I really hate to tell people we’re from Tennessee.)
====================================
Another view of this great sculpture.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Well, Mary, just be thankful Tennessee is not Alabama--Very embarrassing for a liberal Dem. to live here!
Sue