Saturday, April 28, 2012

Adventures

John and I had adventure this morning. We went to the fabric store to pick up the fabric. On the way home, we drove through Chattanooga’s huge Enterprise South (our sort-of “industrial park”) where the new Volkswagen plant and our new Amazon distribution center are located. The VW plant is definitely one of the biggest buildings I’ve ever seen - an absolute WOW. They’re making the Passat here. And the Amazon building is almost as big. What a boon for our area. Then we went to see a new bicycle shop opened by Vicki’s son. I hope he can make a go of it. He’s certainly an expert on bicycles - has worked with them all his life. And he’s been around small retail shops all his life. So he has at least some idea of what he’s getting in to.

This afternoon, Vicki, Tina, and I went to a home and garden tour on Missionary Ridge - just five houses so not too long. It was fun, though - and lovely weather.

On the way, I noticed a “food wagon” type place where an elderly black man was cooking slabs of ribs on a grill. We stopped there as we headed back, and I got a whole slab. Vicki and I halved it, and I headed home with supper. Absolutely the best ribs we’ve ever had! This place may be across town, but we’ll definitely buy from them again.
=======================================
Baby Falls on the Tellico River

No comments: