Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Miscellany

Tina took me out to an upholstery fabric place to see if I could pick out a fabric to recover our La-Z-Boy chairs. We brought home some samples and did pick one out - not the one we had originally thought would be "right". Isn't it funny how that works? Glad we decided to bring several choices to pick from. All fabrics there are $9.95/yard until Monday, so that's even better. I'm planning to take the chairs to be done while we're gone for two weeks. I'll go back and actually get the fabric tomorrow.
==========================
I wanted to try a new pizza place. The NYPizzaDepartment pizza is VERY good. It'll be our pizza of choice now. The only problem was figuring out what to order. A whole pizza is really big (22") - definitely for 4+ people. One or two slices is plenty for a meal for one. We'll find a way, though to get what we want. We took our order to go, because we preferred to eat it at home (and John could have a beer - guess they don't have a beer license yet - or won't be getting one). At least now we have a menu and can call ahead for an order.
==========================
One year ago our area was devastated by a flurry of tornadoes. I think it was 10 funnels that touched down - ranging from 1 to 5 on the Fujita scale. Eighty-one people lost their lives in our immediate area, and many others across Alabama and Missouri. I hope we never see that sort of thing again.
==========================
Tellico River

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Add my hopes to yours.