Sunday, April 22, 2012

A great visit!

We went to Margaret’s Saturday to visit and eat. Bobby did some of his wonderful fried fish, and we also got their wonderful vegetables, etc. We got back to town about 7, and picked up Ann & Al’s rental car for the rest of their trip (they’ll be leaving in the morning).

I have volunteered to help with World Book Night. This program has provided me with 20 paperback books to give away at a place of my choosing - all to be done on or immediately after Monday, 23 April - International Book Day. My book is Friday Night Lights, and I'll be giving them away at our local Homeless Shelter. I just picked them up today. I'll be calling the shelter to be sure all is okay before I got over there with the books. This has been done in the UK (I think), but it's the first year in the US. Should be fun.

It’s been a great week. We played lots of bridge in the evenings, changing partners after each rubber, and keeping a running score. Ann was the big winner for the week - and (surprise!) I was last. I hope we’ll be getting back to what we laughingly call normal over the next couple of days.

Quiet day today - just doing laundry getting things put back. Ann & Al left early this morning. They've called to check in from their overnight in Charleston, WV. They stopped by the West Virginia Craft center at Tamarack in Beckley, WV, but made good time. It surely was good to have them here. We'll get back into the normal routine tomorrow. We’ve just seen the weather forecast, and several inches of snow is predicted to where they’re headed tomorrow in western PA. Oh, dear.

No comments: