Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Stealing

Here’s a Sunday Stealing meme. I’ve already read answers to these from fellow bloggers Bev and kwizgiver . A lot of my answers are similar to theirs. Oh, well - I guess it’s a “great minds” sort of thing.

1. A better name for me would be: I can’t imagine another name - it seems to suit me.

2. I have a hard time understanding: why those idiots in Congress don’t seem to understand that “compromise” is not a dirty word.

3. If I ever go back to school, I’d: take all those classes I didn’t get to take before, but audit them, so I don’t have to take exams or write papers.

4. You know I like you if: I give you a painting or something I’ve knitted.

5. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: John

6. If I could bring back a TV show for a reunion it would be: Northern Exposure for sure, maybe West Wing.

7. Take my advice, never: wait until it’s too late to take care of yourself.

8. My ideal breakfast is: somebody else cooks it.

9. A song I love, but do not own is: an octet by Mendelssohn which we heard for the first time about 10 days ago. He was only 16 when he wrote it, and it is amazing!

10. If you visit my hometown, I'd suggest: In Chattanooga, first go to the Tennessee Aquarium, but there‘s SO much else to see and do.

11. If I could meet a couple of my blog buddies, I'd include: We’re hoping to get to meet Bev this summer, and maybe pool girl. We’d also love to meet Sian because that would mean we’d gotten to return to the Orkneys. And I'd love to meet my basketball fan friend L'empress.

12. Why won’t people: realize that we’re more alike than different.

13. If you spend the night at my house: you’ll have to like clutter and enjoy talking.

14. I’d stop everything for: the chance to spend time with my loved ones.

15. The world could do without: hate and intolerance.

16. The last time I got drunk I: was in college and tossed my cookies.

17. My favorite blonde is: Kate (although she’s currently a redhead).

18. Paper clips are more useful than: any other fasteners

19. If I do anything well, it’s: knit

20. And by the way: never pass up a chance to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I don't expect to do this meme, but I like your answer to #12.

As for #4, you know because I tell you: I like you.

Poolie said...

You are a dear! Thanks for your supportive words about Mr. Peacock and the madcap adventures!