Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This and that

Bruce Plante’s editorial cartoon for today is wicked!
===========================================
Re the new arrangement at Facebook: I’m certainly not the only one who hates it. I’ve tried to registered a complaint with them, and never did find a place to do so. I found a long list of comments from folks, all saying the same thing - how much they hate the new thing. Maybe they’ll get the message. Or not….
===========================================
After our painting class, several of us walked to lunch at a nearby restaurant. While we were eating, it started raining and just poured. We sort of waited around until it slacked up and stopped before we left. When I got home, on the other side of the river, there hadn’t been a drop of rain. It’s funny how those intermittent showers will stop at a river sometimes. Oh, well…..
============================================
This is my painting, Inspiration #1, which will be in a silent auction in October. It's acrylic on paper, 30 x 22", and is at the framers now.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Harriet said...

The last thing I posted on FB was that I'm not reading any more. The darned thing didn't want to let me edit my comment before I posted it.

If I don't have some control, the whole thing is useless.

Mickle in NZ said...

I've completely avoided Facebook - I don't understand enough about how it functions to feel confident using it.

I really like Inspiration #1 - to me it has echoes of golden times, of purple irises and aged roses, of a special moment or two (a sun gleam or two?) gloriously captured by your brush strokes. Oh my, dear Mary, oh my!