Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sunday Stealing

This a meme taken from Sunday Stealing.

1) Have you ever flown a kite?
Yes, but many, many years ago.
2) Do you wish on your fallen lashes?
Nope. I remember girls doing that as teenagers.
3) Do you consider yourself successful?
Yes, I think I’d say that I’d lived a successful life.
4) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call?
Hmmmm, let me think. I guess, never.
5) Have you ever asked for a pony?
If I had, it would’ve been about 70 years ago, and I surely don’t remember that.
6) Plans for tomorrow?
Nothing past fixing breakfast and watching CBS Sunday morning. Probably do a bit of work on my paintings.
7) Can you juggle?
I used to juggle children, car pools, laundry, job, husband, etc., etc. To juggle something like balls or oranges - I think that takes a modicum of physical coordination, and that pretty much lets me out.
8) Missing someone now?
I miss Betsy and I miss Jesse - for different reasons.
9) When was the last time you told someone "I love you"?
Last night when I went to bed and hugged my sweetie.
10) And truly meant it?
Absolutely!
11) How often do you drink alcohol?
Not at all any more.
12) How are you feeling today?
About the usual amount of aches and pains. And it’s hay fever time, so more sneezing than usual.
13) Have you every tried to write a meme?
Nope. I think I’ll stick with stealing.
14) Have you ever been fired from a job?
No. I’ve quit a couple, once to take a better job and once because it just wasn’t right for me. And I left my last (long-time) job when I retired.
15) What are you looking forward to?
Going to our granddaughter’s wedding in a few weeks.
16) Have you ever crawled through a window?
I’m sure I have, but certainly not recently.
17) What's the most recent bad meal that you had to endure?
I can’t remember having a really bad meal. Tonight’s supper was pretty good, but the locally-made andouille sausage was way too highly seasoned for me to eat. (John loved it, though.)
18) Can you handle the truth?
I’d like to think so.
19) Whose to blame for what's going on?
The Republicans, of course!
20) What will it take to fix it all up?
Getting some of those folks to agree that “compromise” is not a dirty word.
===================================
We loved seeing the TV antennas over the temporary shelters along the Mekong River.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Who can remember a world without TV? I remember thinking it strange when people on welfare were given TV sets. (No cable, though.)