Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Stealing

The Meme That’s Going Around, taken from Sunday Stealing.

A. Age: 75

B. Bed size: queen

C. Chore that you hate: Housework in general

D. Dogs: We haven’t had a dog in about 30 years. Although we love them, we probably won’t have another.

E. Essential start to your day: It varies by the day of the week - what’s on the schedule. Coffee will definitely be close to the start on the day.

F. Favorite color: I like most colors, but cannot wear yellow, olive green, khaki.

G. Gold or Silver: What little fine jewelry I have is in white gold. No real preference, though.

H. Height: I’ve shrunk - used to be 5’7 ½”. At my last physical, I was 5’5 ¾”.

I. Instruments you play: I’m pretty good at the TV, radio, or CD player. I had piano lessons as a child - just no talent for it.

J. Job title: The last one was Office Manager (retired 26 years ago).

K. Kids: 4 daughters, 3 sons-in-law, 6 grands, soon to be 2 grands-in-law.

L. Live: ??? I was living the last time I checked. Where? Chattanooga

M. Mother's name: Lydia (Pink)

N. Nicknames: The only time I had a nickname was during a summer job when I was called “Rice”, because of the school sweatshirt I wore a lot.

O. Overnight hospital stays: 7 that I can think of (a 5-day hospital stay was customary when our children were born; 2 that were also before overnight stays became very rare)

P. Pet peeve: I’m very proud of being a Grammar Snob. My current pet peeve is the “unnecessary ‘at’ “, as in “Where is it at?”

Q. Quote from a movie: “Things come and go so quickly here.” “I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more.” “Stand up, Miss Jem. Your Father’s passing.”

R. Right or left handed: Very right-handed.

S. Siblings: One older sister (deceased).

T. Time you wake up: 6 a.m. on swimming days; usually 7-8:30 on other days.

U. Underwear: Yes

V. Vegetable you hate: Does coconut count as a vegetable? Probably not. I can’t think of a vegetable I hate.

W. What makes you run late: Only something out of my control. I’m pathologically early.

X. X-Rays you've had: Lots and lots - head to toe, inside and out.

Y. Yummy food that you make: Lasagna, country ham, turkey and dressing, tomato pie.

Z. Zoo animal: Zebras, what else.
===============================================
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

Dear Mary, like my Mother, you are taller than me. The most I have made is 5'4" minus 1/2 centimetre (nowt like mixing up your measurements). My dear mother can still put out her arm (horizontally) and I fit under it. My dear sister, Liz, made it to 5'4"!!!

Sending much care and many huggles, Michelle xxxx

Mickle in NZ said...

Oh - Zebby Cat was named so becoz of the Zebra stripes on his hind leggies!!!