Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good news on the Autumnal Equinox

Red-letter day today, marking the end of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell! As Kate said, “Civil rights for everyone!”
It’s a good way to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox - the official end of Summer. Hooray!!!
================================
Watercolor painting with the old friends was great this morning. It’s very different from the acrylics, and I haven’t been doing much until this bunch started up, so it’s been interesting.

Our local art advocacy group is celebrating its 25th anniversary next month. They asked me (as one of the earlier members) if I would put a piece in their silent auction. I’m extremely flattered, of course, and am going to take one of these new pieces. I can put a starting price on it, and the organization will get 35% of the sales price (if it does indeed sell). Since Vicki’s not doing framing anymore, she took me to the commercial framing place to pick out framing for it today. It’s going to look fantastic when it’s done. I’ll take pictures, I promise.

It was good to have NCIS and NCIS-LA back with new episodes tonight.
===================================
Catching the school bus (boat) on the Mekong River.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: