Thursday, September 08, 2011

Ears and listening

I’ve been having trouble for about a week with a stopped up ear. It felt like water, but it wouldn’t drain or pop, so probably that old waxy buildup. I got some OTC drops, but it didn’t seem to be helping. Finally this morning, I went to see the PA at our doctor’s office. He scraped and put some drops in the ear. The nurse flushed it out a number of times with warm water, and then the PA scraped some more. It’s much better now, but not 100% clear. I’m supposed to use the OTC preparation daily, plus some antibiotic eardrops (as a preventative) for about a week. Anyhow, it’s better - and that’s a good thing.

We spent the afternoon helping at the Friends of the Library book sale. Sales were pretty steady all afternoon. Sad to say, one of the good customers was me. Actually, though, most of what I got were things for Jean and for Wayne. For me, I got one coffee-table book of dynamite abstract photographs that are going to be great source material for paintings.

Then it was finally home for soft clothes!
=========================
We watched President Obama speak to the joint session of Congress today. He proposed a great program to help do something about the unemployment problem, which should help with the economy. Unfortunately, he’s up against a group of people who would, without hesitation, wreck the US economy in order to defeat Obama. And, unfortunately, Obama has more conscience, scruples, whatever. He’s not willing to wreck the economy in order to win the election. It really ain’t fun to live in interesting times.
==========================
Street market, Cambodia

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your impression is much like mine. Even before the speech someone wanted to know why Obama was "electioneering." What a bunch of hypocrites!

Hope your ear feels (and hears) better. Evidently, if you use the OTC eardrops -- or even hydrogen peroxide -- regularly, it's easier to remove the buildup. I never could be sure, because it was my husband who had the problem. As usual, he wanted me to "fix it," but he didn't want to be bothered while I did.