Thursday, September 30, 2010

A busy day

John et al have had rain all day today. He said that Sue and Margaret did some antiquing at one stop during the day and found some prizes.

The mother of one of my swim buddies has Alzheimers and fell over the weekend, breaking shoulder and pelvis. I went by to visit yesterday (mom is in an assisted living facility), and then went today and took my friend to lunch - just to get her out for a little bit. Unfortunately, Mom has not done well through the day. They’ll probably be taking her to the hospital tomorrow.

I saw an ad in the paper for a place in the old part of town near where the gallery was that was selling things like sweat pants for $3.00, t-shirts 10/$5.00, etc. I decided to go see what it was like. It was the site of a wholesales clothes distributor, getting ready to go out of business with their building up for sale, and only open 3 days a week. I got a lovely set of embroidered 1200/count Egyptian cotton sheets for $18.00, and a wind suit, 3 soft light-weight sweat shirts, sweat pants/shirt set, a Wrangler shirt jacket, and two other shirts to wear as jackets for $40.00. It was terrific - this is all new stuff, but just piled up on tables, etc., etc. I’ll be going back, probably with John when he gets home, and then sometime with Margaret. Then I told Vicki and Tina about it, and going back to take them to shop.

So it wound up being a busy day.
=============================
This is a lava dome on the Snaefellsness Peninsula, Iceland.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: