Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Matt!

I did something this morning I haven’t done in years - I slept until nearly 9 a.m. It surely did feel good!

The city-wide Gallery Hop was this afternoon and evening. I haven’t been on one of these in quite a while - I was always working at the Studio 2 Gallery. So this year I did go to a few of the galleries - not just to see what was available and what folks were painting. But to see if I wanted to pursue getting into one of them, and to see what studio/gallery space was available in town. Well, nobody chased after me to try to get me to show in a gallery - and I didn’t find one that I wanted to ask about. The most affordable studio space I found is in a terrific old mill building, but way on the other side of town, and in a neighborhood that would make me very uncomfortable. So I did get a lot of good information - even if there was nothing I could use personally.

It looked like Oregon beat Tennessee pretty soundly in football this evening - even after a lightning delay. We got a little bit of rain here, too - every little bit helps.

Sunday is a special day, too - Happy Birthday, Matt!
============================
This is a skipjack being restored in Deal Island, MD.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: