Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cooler at last

It was actually cooler outside than inside this morning - and I had the back door open most of the day. I think the high was only about 73. We've had cloudy skies and some sprinkles, but no real "rain" - at least not at this house.

John called. It’s cool and cloudy, but they’re motoring slowly west on the Canal. Sue e-mailed that they'd stopped for the night at Fairport, NY.

I needed to get off my whatever and get out of the house today, so I went downtown to the Chattanooga Market - held each Sunday in the Pavilion (open-air, but covered) - sort of a glorified farmers’ market, with entertainment and craft booths, some prepared foods, as well as the local produce, local cheeses, etc. I really wanted some greens (didn’t care what kind), but it’s too early for local ones. I’ll get some at WalMart tomorrow, I guess. But I did get some lovely pole beans (my favorite!) and some crowder peas - and right away got them cooking for my supper. And I got one gorgeous heirloom tomato and one green tomato to fry. And all just for me!!!! It was all delicious!

On the work side, I did do the kitchen floor yesterday, ran the dishwasher this morning, and did my laundry. Actually just getting the Sunday paper read takes a lot of time - a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it - right?
-------------------------------------------
I love the mysterious look of this grave on the Snaefellsness Peninsula in Iceland.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: