Saturday, September 25, 2010

An interesting Friday

John picked Margaret up in Buffalo, and they did all the requisite things at Niagara Falls, including riding on the Maid of the Mist and going into the Cave of the Winds. Their feet finally gave out, and they went to Canada for dinner, seeing the falls at night, and their motel.

My exciting day included swimming, coffee, and haircut.
--------------------------------
Did you hear about Stephen Colbert (The Colbert Report) testifying before a Congressional Committee re migrant labor. He, in real life, worked a day as a farm laborer - to see what was involved in a job that Americans won’t do, and where illegal aliens wind up. He delivered his testimony in character - as the guy from The Colbert Report. Click here for an article and video clip of his “performance”.

What made it even funnier to me was pure happenstance. While I was knitting this afternoon, I turned on the USA Network and had on an old (2004) episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Imagine my surprise when the villain of the piece was played by……Stephen Colbert. I had to check it out on IMDb to verify it. Things change.
-------------------------------
I love taking photos in cemeteries.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: