Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A beautiful day!

Seems like we've done nothing but eat - but it certainly has been enjoyable! It has been great to visit with family - not just because we're related, but because we enjoy each others company. We just wish the distances weren't so great.

We've just printed out our boarding passes for the trip home tomorrow. No telling how long the actual trip will take. I'm sure there'll be delays because of the terrible weather all over the country. We've even had flooding in the Chattanooga area. It's a good thing John moved his boat out of the rowing center before we left - it's a good possibility that the boathouse will be flooded before we get home.

Betsy took us to a little restaurant in Weslaco that had been recommended to her as a place where the local Mexicans went to eat. I can understand why - we had a superb (and HUGE) breakfast. That'll certainly be our main meal today.

I'm hoping for a special treat today. We're going to go to a big local flea market here, where I'm looking to meet one of my internet "Bosom Buddies". This'll be our first face-to-face meeting. She and her husband spend two months on South Padre Island, and this is the first time we've been able to make connections while I'm here. Should be fun, and I'll try to remember to get some photos.

Stay warm and dry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! For a minute there, I thought your were actually going to shop at a flea market. ;-) m

Mary Z said...

Now, now! You should've known better than that.