Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This and that


Have you read this story today? I just heard it on the local 11 p.m. news. This clip is from the MSNBC web site.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."
After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone — by placing an ad in the local newspaper.
The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

Don't you just LOVE this!?! If only more parents would actually be PARENTS, and not try to be pals to their kids. After all, as long as the kids are at home, being supported financially, the parents are in control. Even when our kids were growing up, another mother would ask me how I could not buy lots of (pick your product). I was dumbfounded - the answer is obvious. I control the money; I decide what to buy. It's a no-brainer! The kid in Iowa may be 19, but that's not the legal drinking age, and he has broken the law. And I'll bet he's living at home and that his parents bought the car.

Second story: Doesn't it just frost you to hear the pundits spend months and months talking about Hillary Clinton being such a masculine, hard woman, and then when she show a little emotion, all of a sudden, she was woosy, mushy woman. I had thought this, but the first one I heard mention it was my wonderful husband.

Today's photo is one of John's flower pictures from Belvedere Castle in Vienna.

No comments: