Thursday, January 24, 2008

An invitation


I recently found a great new blog, TheDahnReport (I've added a link in the list to the left). Yesterday in his entry, Dahn posed this question: If you could sit down for dinner with five people who were no longer living, who would they be? Then he gives his choices and reasons.

I couldn't resist stealing the question and seeing what answers I would come up with and see if I get any response. Coming up with MY answers wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Here what I've gotten so far (I might have different answers next week):

My parents: My mother, to tell her what a great influence she was in my life, and to get her memories of family history. And my father, because he died when I was 13, and I never knew him very well. I'd like to know more about him.

Adlai Stevenson: He seemed to be an honorable, well-educated man - and didn't seem to be too enthusiastic about running for president. I'd just like to know more about him.

Georgia O'Keeffe: Not a surprise. She's always been one of my favorite 20th century artists.

Leonardo daVinci and Rembrandt van Rijn: Two of the giants of art history, so influential. I would like to hear them talk - and maybe give a demonstration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had my mammogram today, and preliminary report was that everything looked fine. I have a followup appointment with the surgeon next week.
The Lady Vols hit Arkansas with a steamroller tonight, 98/55.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of our local boys was killed in a suicide bomber attack in Iraq. He leaves a wife and 14 month old son.
RIP, James Michael Gluff

Today's photo was taken in the gardens at the Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna.

2 comments:

William J. said...

Mary

I loved your choices but what I loved more is the preliminary report that said everything looked fine!

Mary Z said...

Me, too, Bill - Thanks!