Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


It's 28 here now, but only supposed to get up to about 33 tomorrow, with lows in the teens tomorrow night. Brrrrr. Snow flurries are happening, but no accumulation expected. They did announce that I-24 over Monteagle Mountain was closed because of black ice.

Things were even more quiet today - if that's possible. We slept until about 7:30, and I had a 2 1/2-hour nap this afternoon. We call this a "truck nap" - as in, "Did you get the number of that truck that hit me?". John got in a bunch of football, helping Tennessee win over Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl. I got a bunch more knitting done, and read some of Harry Potter #6 (I know, I know - I'm behind, but trying to catch up - and don't tell me the ending).

The PBS New Year's Day program, Great Performances, was a concert by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra from the Musikverein Hall in Vienna. We were able to attend a performance there in September, and it is a glorious performance space. It was such fun to see the program, and recognize places. There were dance performances at other places in Vienna, many of which we'd seen before. They also showed scenes from the Spanish Riding School - the Lipizzaner Stallions. What a treat that was!

Today's photo is of the performance floor of the Spanish Riding Stables in Vienna.

No comments: