Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Motley Assortment


Today, I feel moved to just put down a collection of little things that caught my attention in one way or another. There is no connection between them, and most need no other explanation.

Bumper Sticker: REPUBLICANS FOR VOLDEMORT!

This week, John McCain, candidate for the Republican nomination for President, proposes raising to $10 million the amount one can leave as an estate without its being taxed.

The bonding company in Las Vegas that posted the bond for O. J. Simpson is the You Ring We Spring Bonding Company.

During the week of 15-22 January 2008, the Belly Dancing World Cup will be held in Taba, Egypt. The winner takes home a gold belly-dancing trophy and $12,000.

There is no way I could make this stuff up.

The good news of the day is that the yarn to finish Kate's sweater came, and my part is finished. It'll be in the mail to Kate on Monday. Today's photo is of my doing the last few rows.

No comments: