Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ahead of the thunderstorms


Guess I'd best get this written a bit early. It's started to rain, with some thunder - and a line of storms approaching from the west. I've unplugged the desktop. We tied a record high of 68 today, and it's certainly acting more like spring than winter. These storms tend to do what they call "the Chattanooga Split" as they come over the plateau into the Tennessee Valley. We shall see.

I agreed to be on the Board of the Friends of the Library for a 3-year term, and went to my first meeting this evening. Seems to be a good business-like group. I don't know anybody, though - but I'm sure I'll get to know them. Since it's at the downtown library, John went with me to just hang out in the reading room (like that's a chore for him), and then we went out to eat.

This will be a good chance for us to go out once a month to a downtown restaurant, and try new eateries. The meetings are over about 5:30-5:45, so we'll be early, plus on an off-night. Anyhow, our meal tonight was yummy! John had Shrimp and Grits - with Vidalia onions and andouille sausage - really hearty and rich with a dark brown sauce. I had lime and ginger marinated grilled salmon over rice - very delicate and well cooked. Good meals all around. And now we have a month to get recommendations and decide on the next place.

John's gone from having trouble sleeping to sleeping all the time. He did take a benedryl last night for allergy/cold symptoms, and that might still be affecting him. I sent him to bed about 9, and said to just get up and read or watch TV if he wakes up about 3-4 and can't get back to sleep. I hope he'll be able to get his sleep patterns better regulated once this surgery and the postop period are over.

Today's photo is of lowering skies over Ben Lomond, Scotland.

No comments: