Friday, May 27, 2016

Unusual Friday


This was an unusual Friday - much busier than usual - with highs and lows. 

I went to swimming as usual - and coffee. The son of one of our swimmer buddies lost his long battle with cancer yesterday.  His mother, family and friends wil miss him terribly.  RIP Curtis.
-----------------
On the brighter side, I went back to duplicate this afternoon. A gal I've played with on Mondays asked me to go with her.  I don't know that I'll keep playing with her - she's not a great player.  But maybe we'll both get better.  And I'm glad to be back doing that. 

After supper, I played here again.  This time it was in one gal's apartment.  She's in her 90s, too, and pretty crippled and in pain.  But she's a hell of a bridge player,  and I'm glad to get a chance to play with her. I know this is hard to believe, but I was the most able-bodied person in the room, but the two hours and two rubbers of bridge were hard fought.  And lots of fun.

No comments: