Monday, June 01, 2015

Guest limericks

In response to my feeble attempt at limerick-writing, my oldest friend, Anne, replied with these wonderful descriptions of our family. Anne, you’re the best!


Here's to the great Margaret Zelle
Renowned far and wide for her jelly.
Be it peaches or grape
What it does for my shape
Increases the size of my belly!

And then there's my oldest friend Mary
With word command useful to parry
when youth of today
spout out words and display
a truly sad vocabulary!

Her husband John races in boats,
(at least when he's feeling his oats!)
So get back on your feet
Soon to compete -
Remember, my friend, that "hope floats"!

Their number one daughter is Sue,
Very organized, SO much to do!
When her kids left the nest
Did she take a rest?
You could bet on it, but you'd lose, too!

The third one in line is our Kate,
At weaving and biking she's great!
A bad broken leg
Took her down a peg,
But quitting? That's not her fate.

The fourth little girl they named Jean.
Her language can sometimes seem mean,
But her heart's made of gold,
And, truth be told,
That tough talk is only a screen.

AND FINALLY:
And then there's the folks called "Beach Bunch",
Who never miss meals (except lunch).
In the ocean they dive
and come out alive -
For Happy Hour'd be my best hunch!

No comments: