Sunday, May 03, 2015

Sunday Stealing

This isn't actually this week's Sunday Stealing, but an old one I stole from Bev at Airy Persiflage. This week’s Sunday Stealing was definitely not directed at my demographic. Thanks, Bev.


The phone rings. Who will it be?
A telemarketer.
When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Always.
In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Definitely a listener!
Do you take compliments well?
I try to remember to just say “Thank you”, and not to depreciate whatever is being complimented.
Do you play Sudoku?
Nope. I do word puzzles, mostly double crostics and cryptograms.
If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
I could probably get through the day, but not longer.
Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
I went to Girl Scout camp, probably 4-6 summers.
What was your favorite game as a kid?
Jacks
Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Of course, assuming he didn’t want to convert me.
Use three words to describe yourself?
Old, creaky, friendly.
Do any songs make you cry?
Sometimes, but I can’t think of one right now. I always choke up when singing the Star Spangled Banner.
Are you continuing your education?
I like to think I’m always learning something new. And I finally got a college degree in 1990 (at age 54).
Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Not really. Although I have shot at squirrels in our back yard with a BB gun - and actually hit one once.
How often do you read books?
I always have a book going, and never go anywhere I might have to wait without one. Unlike some folks, though, I rarely read more than one at a time.
Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I don’t know. I’m trying to play for the future (what there is of it), don’t dwell in the past, and just cope with the present.
What is your favorite children’s book?
I always liked the Bobbsey Twins and then the Nancy Drew books.
What color are your eyes?
Brown
How tall are you?
I used to be 5'7-1/2"; now I'm 5'5"
Where is your dream house located?
I’ve always wanted to live on the ocean, but that’s not likely to happen. We’re comfortable in our house, but I wouldn’t mind moving into an apartment sometime.
If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
John, and then “Pinkie” (some will understand this).
When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
About a year ago, when I met some friends for lunch.
Where was the farthest place you traveled today?
Back and forth in the house.
Do you like mustard?
Sometimes, usually a brown mustard.

No comments: