Saturday, May 30, 2015

Limericks

One of the blogs I follow is Yorkshire Pudding.  Mr. Pudding, not surprisingly, lives in Sheffield, England, in the Yorkshire District.  He is an avid football (soccer on this side of the pond) fan.  As a response to the current FIFA kerfuffle, Mr. Pudding posted this wonderful limerick.


There was an old man called Sepp Blatter
To whom football just didn't matter
As long as his crime
Through the fullness of time
Made his thick FIFA wallet grow fatter.

This was definitely a challenge.  I've never tried to write limericks before and I've always loved them (even the clean ones).  So here goes...

I’d love to write a limerick,
Just tell me what’s the trick.
Surely it’s easy,
Easy and peasy.
If I can only make the words stick.



1 comment:

Sato said...

I've been enjoying reading your diary here. Would you please show some photos of your places? I do sometimes Google-map.