Monday, October 13, 2014

Weather; run-up to Election Day

We're supposed to get really bad weather tonight. There’s no rain or wind here yet, but flash flood warnings have already been posted (we're so hilly, that's always a problem). And the start of school has been postponed 2 hours in the morning. That's so that it will be daylight when the buses run.
--------------------------------------------------
This evening, we went to a forum put on by the Tennessee League of Women Voters to explain the four ballot issues to be voted on in November. They're proposed amendments to the Tennessee constitution. We were pretty sure we knew what we were going to do, but this just confirmed it. Afterwards, we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for our usual yummy dinner. I brought half of mine home, so somebody will get a really good lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I really thought there would be some political action here, as the gubernatorial election is next month. I can get no iformation from my "resident counselor" about group rides or anything. I think I'll apply for an absentee ballot. I can't not vote.