Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A full Tuesday

The tech really worked me hard at PT this morning. She's managed to find one exercise that made me queasy in the stomach and dizzy - standing on a balance board that wobbled side-to-side, with my eyes closed. I had my hands touching (but not grabbing) a grab-bar, so I knew I wasn't going to fall, but it did make my stomach do flips. Well, better balance is the goal here, so they're pushing me. I have one more session on Thursday.

John's went on a walk this evening with some folks from the History Center - through one of the lovely old historic residential districts. It's right next to the university, so an area we know fairly well. But it'll be fun for him to see it at walking speed and hear the history about various homes, etc. The walk was great. Unexpectedly, some new homeowners were working on the restoration of their house, and invited the tour to come into the house to see it. Tina was there, too, and I met them for dinner afterwards.

Bob has been able to move back into his house. The suit his now-ex-wife filed has been settled. Once the sale of the house goes through, they'll have no more contact, even through lawyers. He has an apartment rented in upstate NY where he lived most of his life, and he’ll be heading there in a couple of weeks. We're just glad this is over. I'm glad we were here to help him out, but it's nice to have our house back to just ourselves again.

No comments: