Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Medical week

I've been running from one to another doctor's appointment. I saw the eye doctor yesterday morning. The glaucoma drops were causing extreme eye pain on the trip, so I called and got permission to stop them - on the condition that I see them first thing Monday. All is okay, snf he gave me a sample of another eye drop medication to try. He thinks it might be the preservatives in the medication that is irritation my eye. I hope this one works.

Then I went for a 2-hour (!!!) appointment at the ENT office for audiology and ear-balance testing. It was an interesting set of tests - none painful. I'll be interesting in hearing the results when I see the doc for the evaluation tomorrow.

This morning, I saw my orthopedist for shoulder followup. He says the surgery I had is pretty much considered a "salvage" operation - when all else has failed. But that people seem happy with the results. And I am happy with the results, too. I asked him about the knee pain I've been having, and he is going to check that when I see him again in January. I would hope he could help that, at least temporarily, with cortisone injections rather than talk about more surgery.

Our weather is still cool and rainy, but supposed to be back up into the 80s by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Heck of a week. Are you ready to hang out your shingle?