Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Roaches or piss-ants?

There’s an old saying in my family, “If it ain’t roaches, it’s piss-ants”. I wonder which it is this time.

I had my semi-annual eye check this morning. Mostly things are good, but he wants to start treatment for early stage glaucoma. I'm to start with one drop once a day in each eye - planning to stop the glaucoma before it becomes serious. He gave me some a sample to try for a couple of weeks before he gives me a prescription. That leads me to believe it might be pretty expensive - I didn't ask at this point. But I'll give it a try. As we all do, I hate having my eyes dilated, and it seemed to take longer than usual for them to return to "normal".
---------------------------------------------
Has the weather gone even more nuts? Torrential rains and flash floods in Phoenix. Earthquakes in California. Rumbling volcanoes in Iceland.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I have never had glaucoma symptoms, but as I got older, I did realize that it takes longer and longer for my eyes to return to normal after dilation. It was at that point I requested someone to drive me to the eye doctor.

Mary Z said...

In the interest of more information, I need to say that I was told that there are no symptoms of glaucoma. The visual field shrinks with age (there's THAT again), but unfortunately no real symptoms here. Treatment simply stops the process, it doesn't reverse any damage.