Friday, August 08, 2014

Rainy Friday

I saw the orthopod this morning. He says that I'm doing well, and to keep up with the exercises. He prescribed another three weeks of PT, so I'm good to go with that. I asked him about osteopenia/osteoporosis and some of the medications involved. I had called and gotten my numbers from the Dexa scan to show him. He said that he didn't think it was enough to warrant the medication at this point. He recommended that I try to start doing some weight-bearing exercises (you KNOW how I love that idea), and wait until after the next scan to make any decisions. That's pretty much what I expected him to say, and what I had been thinking, too. I go back to see him again in a couple of months.

We headed out to play duplicate this afternoon. We're pretty much decided we don't want to get so serious about this game that we get into using nothing but artificial bids, etc. So, for now anyway, I think we're going to stay with the less-advanced group on bi-monthly Friday afternoons. And this would be a wonderful idea, if only we could get the timing correct. Unfortunately, we thought 1:30, and it started at 1:00. So no bridge for us this afternoon. Better luck next time, I hope.

I don’t even want to discuss election results. I know we live in a red state, but this is ridiculous - even for here.

No comments: