Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Panic and adrenalin


Lots of panic and adrenalin around here this morning. I was getting ready to head to the Y and the grocery stores, when I discovered I couldn't find my wallet. We tore everything apart, and I started going back over where I had last had it. I remembered three places I'd been on Saturday and Sunday where I took my purse with me, but just couldn't remember if I did anything with the wallet. It was too early to call places, but at 10, I did call.

No luck until I called Sticky Fingers, where we ate Saturday night. And there it was!!!! I had taken it out to show my driver's license to the server if she had needed it for my free birthday dessert, and obviously missed the purse opening when I put it back. Lots of sighing. John took me to the restaurant, and they gave me my wallet. The server had found it and turned it in, so I left a bonus for her - and we'll certainly ask for her the next time we go there.

I didn't need much at the store, so John took me to Aldi, and I got what I needed there. Only thing on my list now is a white or other light-colored wallet (instead of the current black) so it'll show up inside my purse or on a booth bench.

That pretty much did it for the day.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I now make a concerted effort to avoid black on black. Not only do I buy bright-colored inserts, but I bought a bag with a pale green lining.