Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to ME!


Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was full of gorgeous weather and good stuff.

Kate and I went up a surface road, Highway 58. about 20 miles to R & M Yarns 
in Charleston, TN. She found some good stuff for her weaving, and I got some good stuff for socks (I know you’re surprised about that). It was such a pretty semi-spring day that we took another route home - headed west on TN 60, across a new bridge over the Tennessee River, then south on US 27 to home. Just a lovely morning.
After lunch, John and Kate went for a walk on the Riverwalk to get some more of that wonderful sunshine. Vicki came by to bring us some birthday yogurt.

After some naps (John and Kate, but not me), we went to dinner at Sticky Fingers  and had some of their fabulous dry-rub ribs. When the waitress said if someone was having a birthday, she got a free dessert, I ‘fessed up to its being my birthday. No singing, but we got to share an enormous helping of bread pudding with a big scoop of ice cream and caramel sauce. Yum!
We waddled on home, and spent a little while longer enjoying the porch, before coming back inside for some more basketball before bedtime.

Thanks for all the wonderful birthday wishes, whether in person, on FB, on Bosom Buddies, by phone calls, by e-mail and texts and cards. They’re all very special to me.

2 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Happy happy birthday!

Jennifer said...

Oh my - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like a great one.