Wednesday, March 06, 2013

No snow to speak of


No real snow here today. Just a very light dusting on the grass and rooftops. All gone by midmorning, although there were still a few flakes flying around until about noon.

We went to the Y and coffee, post office and library, then home for the day. I had invited my art teacher to come to coffee to show us some of the jewelry she makes. I think she made quite a few sales - including a pair for me, of course. John said I should get a pair so that would count as my birthday present from him. I’ll take them happily.
==================================


Update on the election: Local politics is always so interesting. In one of the Council racer, there were only two candidates. One got six votes more than the other, and there were seven write-in votes. Therefore, neither one of them got the required 50% + 1, so there will have to be a run-off. What a waste of money!

I hate that so many people ignore local elections - only 16% of registered voters actually voted in this election.

1 comment:

Captain Poolie said...

That run-off election should be interesting!