Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend wanderings

This weekend, I’ve been thinking about and working to get things ready for me to be in the hospital for a few days.

Only you readers of a “certain age” will be with me on this one, but I remember having a bag packed beside the door, so I’d be ready to go to the hospital when I went into labor. This was back in the Dark Ages when a mother stayed in the hospital for five days after giving birth. Amazing to think of now, but…

So I’m trying to think of things I need to take with me, things I need to buy ahead at the grocery store, getting things set up so they’ll be in reach when I get home, etc., etc.

==============================

There are other things going on in the world. Isn’t there an election or something like that?

Seriously, we’ll all be glad when this is over. I know I’m not alone in really hating what the election process has turned into in this country. I wonder what, if anything, could possibly change it. And what would/could it be changed to? For one thing, it would be great if all the millions (billions?) of dollars that are being spent on advertising and campaigning could be spent on getting us out of our economic troubles: job creation, repairing the infrastructure, school and teachers, health care, disease prevention, who knows what. I’d like to think there’s a limit to this spending on elections.

================================
Boldt Castle in the St. Lawrence Seaway.

 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I stayed in the hospital for three days. But my mother was in the hospital for two weeks. They released her "early" (ten days) because my little brother missed her so much.