Thursday, October 18, 2012

Voting

I voted this morning. Only five things on my ballot,

President: I hope my vote is for the winning candidate, even though I know my state electors will be the list for the other guy.

U.S. Senator: I couldn't in good conscience vote for either of the candidates. I hate to leave a space blank, but I did this time.

U.S. Representative: the candidate I voted for will surely lose.

State Representative: I cast a losing vote here, too.

Referendum on minor change to the city charter: voted yes.

It took maybe 10 minutes total - from walking in the door to walking out. But it always makes me feel good.
=============================
Color-tipped maples in the 1000 Islands.

 

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Good for you, though I always hate it when I submit a ballot that I know won't make a bit of difference and where I think all of my votes may be losing votes. But good for all of us who continue to fight the good fight!