Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday this and that


I've been needing to get my cell phone tended to, but somehow the time to do this just hasn't been available in the schedule. I got an e-mail from Verizon telling me that I could get a new free phone when I renewed my contract. I went to the Verizon store this morning to see about my "free phone", etc. Seems that's only an online offer, and can't be done in the store - and there would still be some charges. The guy in the store tried very hard to get me to "upgrade" to the "top of the line" for "only $200“. I just don't have the need for and wouldn't use all the bells and whistles that come with that price, so I know I don't want to do that. Mainly, I'm thoroughly confused. I can just get the upgraded version of the phone I have now, but will still have to pay something for it. One main benefit of that would be that I can use the same cover and chargers (not insignificant). I’ve talked to Tina, and she’s going to look at the e-mail and go with me to the Verizon store in the morning.

John and I went out for our first-in-a-while gourmet lunch. You guessed it, we went to Costco. I spent a good bit, but mostly things we usually get or had planned to get. The only impulse thing we got was a pizza for supper tonight, and two of the little "personal" watermelons. I'd never seen those before the trip to CA, and they were SO good. WM doesn't carry them, so I was pleased to see them at Costco here.


The Costco pizza was good, and I cut one of the watermelons for our fruit/vegetable unit. ;) The watermelon is delicious. I got an unpleasant surprise when I was adding toppings to the pizza. A jar of pickle relish had fallen over in the back of the fridge. all that sugary liquid had dried, and some of the jars were unmovable, stuck to the shelf. So while the pizza was cooking, John and I got the jars unstuck, the shelf out, and everything soaking in warm soapy water while we ate. It's all cleaned up now, but Yuck!
=============================
Diocletian's Palace, Split, Croatia

 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Interesting to hear that Verizon plays the same game as AT&T. It was true six years ago -- I got my free phone by calling -- and my daughter has run into the same difficulties now. (I think each division is competing against the other for commissions.)

We like Costco pizzas on occasion; the margarita is vegetarian, so that my daughter and I can enjoy the same thing. The kid, unfortunately, doesn't like fresh tomato... It's always something.