Monday, October 15, 2012

Sleep, glorious sleep!

John usually goes to sleep very quickly. He tends to wake up early, and not be able to go back to sleep. I usually take a little longer to get to sleep, but then can sleep later (it took a long time for me to train my body to do that).

Last night was not one of the better ones - at least for me. I didn’t get to sleep until nearly 2 a.m., woke up an hour later. I moved to the chair, and got back to sleep again about 4. Of course, being Monday, the alarm went off at 6.

I have two more days of sleeping only on my back or left side (which I can’t do), and I guess that was part of the problem. This is the follow up to the Epley maneuver I had last week. I do better sleeping in my recliner when I have to stay in one position.

So it looks like a couple more nights of sleeping in the chair. At least that seems to work.

========================
Sailing down the St. Lawrence Seaway


1 comment:

Harriet said...

I am so grateful for the recliners. I can't really sleep on my back, which one must do after cataract surgery. But I can sleep in a chair that leans back and lifts my legs.

(It may have been easier for me, since I had already chosen to sleep at my own times, in a separate room...)