Tuesday, October 09, 2012

The date has been set

It was a full day - at least until about 2 p.m. We met one of my Seniors-and-Friends Bosom Buddies for breakfast. Sue and Charlie were headed down I-75, and we made arrangements to meet at the Cracker Barrel. That always means a good visit with good friends, and good food as well.

We went home to finish the paper, etc. John went to the Y, and I went for my massage and to the eye doctor. I've had a decrease in the distance vision in my right eye, and he can't find a reason for it - it's driving him crazy. I love that he's so concerned. The decrease hasn't gotten any worse since the last visit, but he's still watching it carefully. I go back in three months.

When I left there, I had a message from the orthopedist. I'm on the surgery schedule for Thursday, 25 October, 7:30 a.m., for my shoulder replacement. The hospital has already called to set up my preadmission testing for next week. So things are underway.  Click here  for a good article about shoulder replacement. I’m sure I’ll get more specifics as time goes along.


I had planned to go to Aldi and WalMart (since I haven’t been for groceries since we got home last Saturday), but with the surgery news, and getting my dilated eyes back to normal, I decided groceries could wait for another day.

I even “let” John do the cooking for supper. This usually means that he goes to KFC, and tonight was no exception. Yum!

===============================
Watching the boats and enjoying the sunshine, Split, Croatia.




 

2 comments:

Captain Poolie said...

Maybe you can take your candy to the hospital!

Harriet said...

Pretty good supper. When my husband made supper, usually on a Thursday, it was hot dogs and beans.