Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday, Monday

I had some great cards today at bridge. John was high last week. I might not be high for today, but I'll be among the top ones I'm sure. I even bid, and my partner made a small slam. That surely felt good - especially since I won't be playing for a while.
========================================
My good friend's husband had surgery today. He's the guy who is 7 years out from pancreatic cancer (amazing, I know). They discovered a lump on his chest a couple of weeks ago. A needle biopsy found breast cancer, with no pancreatic cells. He had a lumpectomy this morning. She said the tumor was encapsulated and they got it all. He'll be going home tomorrow, and it'll be a couple of days before the final pathology reports are in. All good thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. His name is Hunter.
============================================
Click here to see a great time lapse film of the shuttle Endeavor going from LAX to its new home.  The link goes to the Astronomy Picture of the Day (look for 22 October 2012).
=============================================
The boat house at Boldt Castle.


 

No comments: