Friday, June 24, 2011

Hilarity

There was great hilarity and abuse at Panera this morning - much of it directed at me when I volunteered an opinion about something pertaining to gardening. I must admit that I was pretty much hooted out of the conversation. And then something was said about ironing. Holy cow! This is another topic that I should avoid absolutely (since I avoid ironing itself absolutely).

======================
And the joke-of-the-day from John’s cousin:

5 pearls of Scottish Wisdom

1. Money cannot buy happiness but...somehow, it’s more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

2. Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.

3. Help a man when he is in trouble, and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.

4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.

5. Alcohol does not solve any problem, but then neither does milk.
===================================
Passageway, Angkor Thom, Cambodia #2

 
Posted by Picasa

====================================
Addendum: Kudos to the New York State Assembly for legalizing same-sex marriage tonight.

No comments: