Friday, June 17, 2011

Descriptions

My brother-in-law called yesterday to talk about Aunt Betsy. He described her as “the nicest and most gentle person he had ever known…that she had no sharp edges”. What a fabulous description of this wonderful lady.

And then he went on to say that I was also a good and gentle person, but that I had a few “sharp edges”. I loved it!! And could certainly not disagree with him. He added that his late wife (my sister, Carol) had lots more “sharp edges”. He knows us well.
----------------------------
Bougainvillea, Sofitel Hotel, Siem Reap, Cambodia.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

When I was in high school, the teachers were always telling us we needed to be "well rounded." And then a college recruiter lectured at our school and suggested that a few points and corners might be better than well rounded.

Celebrate our sharp edges. They make us more interesting, and they leave us open to more new experiences.