Saturday, June 11, 2011

World-wide Knit in Public Day

After going to the farmers' market this morning (yummy canteloupe and tomatoes), I went to Panera for a latte and to participate in "World-Wide Knit in Public Day". I wasn't part of a group, but thought there might be some others there. I was the only knitter, and nobody even questioned me about knitting. Oh, well. At least it gave me a chance to get my Kindle hooked up and transfer some books from the archives (it doesn't seem to want to work with our router). The girls got John his own Kindle for Father's Day. We haven't gotten him merged into the "family account". I'm going to have to spend some time with Amazon tomorrow and get that set up. But he's learned how to get a book sample, and has ordered a Zane Grey freebie.

Correction to yesterday's meme: John reminded me that I'd had another ambulance trip - after I broke my ankle in 1983.
=====================================
Wantage, England.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

In the days when I used to knit a lot, I often carried my knitting with me. It was something I could do without rudely ignoring the people I was with.