Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good tech support

Amazon is my friend - at least Richard in their tech service is my friend.

I called to get help with getting my new Kindle to hook up to our home wifi. I’d tried and tried, but just couldn’t make it happen. That was problem #1.

As I said, the girls got John his own Kindle for Father’s Day. I helped him set it up, and that was fine. He had no trouble connecting to the wifi. Then I wanted to get him listed as part of the account that Kate and I share. I not only couldn’t get him on the list, I managed to get Kate unlisted from the account. Now we have problem #2.

I called and quickly got the tech, Richard. I told him the first problem, and he had me connected to the wifi in about 3 minutes. Then I explained the second problem. He asked for the serial number for John’s Kindle, and with a few instructions, he had all three of us with access to the account. Richard is now my new best friend. And I’m very pleased with the Amazon tech service.
======================================
Statue of King Alfred and town square, Wantage, England. These are the last pictures from England.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Moore said...

Wow! He solved your problems within just 3 minutes? That's amazing! Having a reliable tech support staff help you in the time of your need is indeed great. I remember our tech support staff in my old office. That guy not only helped us every time we needed one, he was also a good friend that you can joke around with.