Monday, June 13, 2011

Betsy Quin (1920-2011)

 

I started this blog a number of years ago, primarily as a way to keep in contact with my family while we were out of town. As sometimes happen, it grew into a mix of diary, opinions, rants, musings, whatever. And a large part of it was to keep in touch with my dear Aunt Betsy. She lived about 20 driving hours away, so we only saw her about once a year. She was getting progressively deaf., and phone conversation was difficult. She wouldn’t use a computer (does anyone wonder where we got our stubbornness?), but her son found a device that could receive e-mail over her phone line and print it out (like a fax). Sending her photos and a copy of my blog became a daily ritual. If I missed a few days without being out of town, I’d get a phone call from her to be sure we were all right.

Our Betsy died this morning. She was 91, and was the light in all our lives. The light is temporarily dimmed, but she’ll always shine for those of us who love her.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So, so sorry for your loss. Thank goodness you were able to go see her recently.

Sue Retzlaff said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady! I know you are hurting, but she would be so proud to know you did this as a way of saying goodbye.

Sue in Auburn.