Sunday, January 16, 2011

What a mess!

I fixed waffles for breakfast, and then the fun started. I was refilling the syrup pitcher and dropped it on the floor - without the top, of course. It didn't break (a small favor), and I grabbed it up quickly But there was still syrup on the floor, on the heating vent, etc. I just threw some wet towels down on it, and left it to clean up after breakfast. Then when I was refilling the pitcher (in the sink, fortunately), I knocked it over again, and there went another couple of glugs of syrup (maple, of course) down the drain. Oh, well.

By the time we got around to cleaning it up, most of the syrup was soaked up into the towels, so it was just a matter of sweeping and mopping the floor. I even put the vent grate into the dishwasher, so that was easy. Obviously, this was NOT my day to be handling anything dangerous.

John’s computer crashed this evening - with a virus or something. He’s going to have to take it somewhere to get it checked out.
================================
It's fun to take pictures of the picture-takers (waiting for the geyser to erupt).

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Ooo no - maple syrup is so, so wonderful.