Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SHORT!!!!

I got some terrible news at the rheumatologist this morning. I’m a whole lot shorter than I thought I was. I thought I was about ½” shorter (5’7 ½”) down to 5’7”. But I was horrified to hear her tell me that I was 5’5 ¾”. I’d never expected that! Oh, well - guess it’s only going to get worse. But all else is going well - no major changes (other than being short). It was a busy morning - I had my teeth cleaned; I took some watercolor paper to some classes where it might get sold; and had a great veggie plate lunch with Vicki.

We had a fun evening - dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then went to a new coffee house where they were having "songwriters' night". One of the performers was our friend, Dalton Roberts. The seats were uncomfortable, and it was cold in the space, but the coffee was good, and the music was terrific. The audience was small, so we were even more pleased that we had gone to support our friend. Then home to watch the State of the Union speech.

I'm due to be a co-substitute teacher for the swim class in the morning. I wonder if it's going to be snowing. Folks in the class are really having lots of problems right now. Two elderly mothers have died in the last month, and this week, two husbands are hospitalized with major surgeries. Keep sending good vibes in this direction.
---------------------------------------------------
An English rose at Pool Farm, Stratton-Audley.

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Harriet said...

It seems to me I wrote a post (or three) about being short. I'll never see five feet again. I'm glad to hear everything else is okay. We can live with the reduced height.

Mary Z said...

Harriet, I know it depends on your "point of view" (sorry). Like you say, it's just something to be expected. Our shortest daughter (at 5'5") love it.