Friday, January 21, 2011

Mini Reviews

I watched “Burn After Reading” (John chose to skip this one), loaned to us by a friend. I wasn’t too impressed with this one. I guess it was supposed to be funny, but it just didn’t get to me. These people were just too stupid. I didn’t realize until the end that this was a Coen Brothers film. The only other CB movie I remember seeing was “Fargo”, and I didn’t care for it either. Guess this just isn’t my kind of humor.

Having said that, we will be going to see “True Grit” - and I know it’s a Coen Brothers’ movie. I wonder how that’ll go.

The next day, we watched the animated “Despicable Me”. This is a delightful bit of fluff - almost as good as “Up”. I’ll definitely recommend this one.
=========================================
This final picture from Iceland is of the Hellisheidi Power Station, a geothermal power plant. As I remember, this plant is about one-third completed, and in service. In a very few years, the plant will pay for itself, and then all power in the country will be generated by its abundant geothermal features.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: