Monday, January 03, 2011

So much for Monday

My Dell laptop is about a year old. Today, I’ve gotten a pop-up message telling me that while my battery is still rechargeable, it really needs replacing. What??? And, of course, I should only replace it with a Dell battery, which I order at their site. I know that I did make a mistake when I bought the laptop and didn’t get a long-lived battery with it. If it’s on a long time, it probably goes for an hour or so before it needs to be recharged. I’m thinking I should go to Batteries Plus and see what they think. Any advice?

We’ve been to the pool, WalMart, and bridge. Cards were so-so - but except for one round, neither one of us had to play with (or be at the table with) any of the “problem players”. This is a good thing. We’re thinking about trying to find another day to play. We shall see.

I put some stew meat on to cook before we went to bridge. I got it nicely browned in the cast-iron Dutch oven, added onions, garlic, herbs, and various liquids, then put it in a slow oven to cook all afternoon. Bad idea - well, not necessarily a bad idea, but I guess I had the oven up to high (about 325). The meat had cooked dry and was pretty well charred by the time we got home. Aren’t you glad that’s never happened to you? So it was back to the pantry to see what I could find to fix for dinner. A box mix from Thai Kitchen came to the rescue, with some chopped cooked chicken and peas from the freezer in a noodle stir-fry.

So much for Monday.
===============================
Thinvellir National Park.
This is the site of Europe's oldest legislative assembly (Althing, 930 AD)

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're right, that burned meat thing never happens to me. Well, mostly because my husband does 99% of the cooking. :-) That's a great view in the photo. Someday we'll see Iceland... someday...

Mary Z said...

Iceland was on our list for a long time before we finally got there. It was a great trip. You'll love it.